Thursday, February 18, 2010

Unplug (via CollideMagazine) - balancing a life of constant "availability"

Great article form Collide Magazine. Do you need to "Unplug"? Be sure to read the ENTIRE article.


Unplug

Sam Duregger - Originally posted Monday, February 15, 2010 - Comments (0)

There was a time when I was working as a Project Manager for a digital innovations team at a large church in the Bible Belt and living in a tent. It was a dichotomous lifestyle that changed the way I interact with people, the environment, and technology.

During the day I was plugged into the matrix, working on a team that prided itself on developing innovative web applications for the Church. It was a multi-layered environment, much like Grey’s Anatomy, except monogamous and straight edge. What I mean is it was a fast-paced, collaborative environment with multiple threads, all tied to an overarching meta-narrative related to creating new technology-driven tools for churches. It was sexy, it was cool, and it was exhausting.

After work, I would drive or bike to my campsite, settled among 15 acres of woodland in Metro Oklahoma City. I called it “TentLife.” It was a place to unplug and unwind, where everything took longer and nothing was easy. (Find out more about TentLife at www.tentlife.net.)

keep reading...

Posted via web from Cooper-ation | resourcing for ministry

No comments: