Thursday, November 18, 2010

Reminder - What kind of DVD players to buy for classrooms - get full front panel control

I had decided to use a video clip from a DVD in my class at church a couple weeks ago.  I had prepared a lesson and had planned on using the clip to help illustrate my point.

That morning, I was about to show the clip when I realized that the DVD player in my classroom only had play/stop on the front of the DVD player and the remote was gone (that's what you get for $35). The problem was that the clip I needed was the fourth chapter on the DVD. If the player had a "skip" button, i would have been OK, but it didn't - just play/stop!  HOW USELESS!

This reminds me of a post from the past - about how when you buy DVD players for a classroom setting, be sure to get one with full navigational controls on the front - as the remote will inevitably be lost or the batteries will die.

Needless to say, I have since ordered some replacements for our classrooms. 

For what it is worth, Pioneer still sells one like this - model DV-420V-k - that is available on their website. They cost a little more, but they are well worth it...


Jason Cooper (@cooperjason)
Cooper-ation Ministry Resourcing
Subscribe to this feed



Posted via email from Cooper-ation | resourcing for ministry

No comments: