Thursday, October 7, 2010

Buying TV's for Your Org - Say No to Combos!

Last week I had a bit of a set back. Despite my instincts, and despite most recommendations, I purchased an LCD TV/DVD combo for my church to use in a classroom. The simplicity of having one unit instead of two (and all the necessary cords) has significant appeal. But I was quickly reminded why most "experts" in the tech world don't recommend combo units...
It was a piece of junk. It had that lightweight, cheap plastic, happy meal feel to it. The picture wasn't bad - until I hooked up my laptop to it, then it was horrible.  Unfortunately, that is one of the primary uses intended for the unit. Needless to say, I took it back the next day.

So, instead I purchased a nicer LCD TV and an upscaling DVD player.  It cost a little more, and there will be more wires and remotes, but better than a combo. (I realize there might be some quality combos out there, but I couldn't find any that I could buy locally)

BTW, if you buy equipment for your organization, read my recommendation on DVD players.

Jason Cooper (@cooperjason)
Cooper-ation Ministry Resourcing
Subscribe to this feed


Posted via email from Cooper-ation | resourcing for ministry

No comments: