Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Leveraging Technology...

I have spent the last couple years delving into the arena of technology and ministry. It all started with some video work back in 2002 or so that involved into working with professional grade video and motion graphics software. I quickly began producing weekly announcement loops in video format (rather than PowerPoint), pulled movie clips for sermon illustrations, and produced the occasional "creative" video for an illustration for for promotion of an event. It was a lot of fun.

Now in my current role I oversee communications and have spent more time broadening out into other avenues of communication through technology including various web 2.0 technologies. I still work with video, but also graphics, print, and web now as well.

All this to say that I plan on highlighting some ways a church or ministry can leverage technology for ministry. I do this from the "practical" perspective rather than a "technical" perspective. In other words, you don't need training in one of these technical fields (I don't have any training) to understand what I am writing.

So, the next several blog posts will be devoted to this area.

Jason Cooper







No comments: